Easy One Pan Vegan Tofu Scramble Recipe
Lightly seared tofu is seasoned with fragrant black pepper, deep soy sauce, and sharp vegan parmesan, then tossed with crisp red peppers, spicy garlic, and fresh spinach.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- One 14-ounce package of firm tofu
- ½ cup largely chopped red bell pepper (~½ pepper)
- ½ c largely chopped onion (~¼ small onion)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce or vegan fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Vegan parmesan (we like VioLife and Follow Your Heart)
1. Slice three edges of the plastic covering on top of your tofu container, hold it at an angle over the sink, and apply pressure against the film to extract as much liquid as possible.
2. Transfer tofu block to a thicket of paper towels (about 4 half-sheets deep) and press down with another thicket of paper towels. Squeeze until paper towels are drenched in liquid (don’t worry about it losing its shape).
3. Heat a mid-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in olive oil and crumble in tofu, leaving some big pieces throughout. Throw in salt, paprika, black pepper, and toss to combine. Cook until lightly browned without stirring (about 4 minutes).
4. Stir in bell pepper and onion and cook until browned again (about another 4 minutes). Mix in garlic and repeat browning.
5. After browning for a third time, add in spinach, soy sauce, and toss until spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes). Turn off the heat, add in a liberal amount of grated parmesan (the more the better), and fold in.
6. Distribute among two bowls, top with extra parmesan and olive oil, and enjoy as is or with sriracha and ketchup!
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
Alpha Foods Just Launched a YouTube Series Co-Hosted by Drag Icon Monét X Change
Tune in every week for a new episode of The Plant-Based Way with Monét.
NadaMoo! Scoop Shop in Austin, Texas to Close This Week
The vegan ice cream shop will be indefinitely closing its brick-and-mortar location on February 27.
This Self-Taught Los Angeles Baker Makes Lizzo-Approved Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Baked by Yoga is killing the vegan dessert game!
San Diego’s Kula Ice Cream Expands to Grocery Stores Across California
The San Diego-based vegan ice cream brand is now available in grocery stores in Loma Linda, Chino, and Rancho Mirage, with more expansion plans in the future.
22 Black-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Right Now
From pancakes and granola to chips and cheese sauce, there are so many great products to try from these businesses.
IHOP Adds Vegan Breakfast Sandwich to Menu in NYC
The new fast-casual branch of IHOP has added a fully vegan breakfast sandwich to the menu at its New York location.
New Women-Owned Allergy-Friendly Online Grocer Basquet to Launch This Spring
Basquet specializes in offering a selection of sustainable products to those avoiding the top allergens, including a variety of products suitable for vegans.
10 Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in Atlanta
Come along as we explore all of the tasty Black-owned vegan and vegan-friendly spots Atlanta has to offer!
Michigan’s First Vegan Wine Club Launches in Metro Detroit
Vegan deli and catering company Chive Kitchen adds wine club to its list of offerings.
Chef Tomi Makanjuola Releases New Cookbook Vegan Nigerian Kitchen
The cookbook features 100 vegan recipes from various Nigerian tribes and regions.
5:55 Burgers & Fries Is Serving up Affordable Vegan Food in Los Angeles
Everything on the menu at 5:55 is under $11.11!
Meat Alternative Company Meati Launches for Pre-Order, Sells Out in 24 Hours
There’s a new vegan meat in town and customers are stocking up!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!