20-Minute Vegan Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Seared veggies and soy chick’n in a classic Japanese teriyaki sauce made from mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, and garlic.
Servings: 2 Time: 20 minutes Difficulty: Feelin’ Lazy
Recipe by: No Eggs or Ham
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini is our favorite)
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut into â…› inch rounds
- 3 stems of broccolini, cut into long, bite sized pieces
- 1/4 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (plus more as needed)
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked jasmine rice
1. Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small, airtight container and shake to combine (the sugar will remain crunchy; that's okay). Set aside for now.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in sesame oil and swirl around to coat. Place in chicken cutlets and sear on each side until heavily browned; about 4 minutes per side. Pro tip: a little burning adds flavor!
3. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, cut into bite-sized pieces, and keep aside for now.
4. Using the same pan as before, boost heat to high and toss in zucchini, broccolini, onions, and a medium pinch of salt. Use tongs to scrub the veggies against the pan, scraping off burnt pieces of chicken for extra flavor. Cook, tossing occasionally, until veggies are lightly charred in some areas; about 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan along with all of the teriyaki sauce from Step 1. Toss and stir frequently until sauce is seared onto the veggies; about 1 ½ minutes.
6. Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately! Pairs wonderfully with fresh jasmine rice.
Ryan is a cook, writer, and musician born and raised in Tampa, FL. With years of recipe testing for his Asian-American food blog, No Eggs or Ham, behind him, he strives to sharpen the image of vegan food by highlighting chefs who push the boundaries of plant-based cuisine. Unlike the advice your mom lent you, he encourages you to play with your food every chance you get!
More from VegOut
Alpha Foods Just Launched a YouTube Series Co-Hosted by Drag Icon Monét X Change
Tune in every week for a new episode of The Plant-Based Way with Monét.
NadaMoo! Scoop Shop in Austin, Texas to Close This Week
The vegan ice cream shop will be indefinitely closing its brick-and-mortar location on February 27.
This Self-Taught Los Angeles Baker Makes Lizzo-Approved Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Baked by Yoga is killing the vegan dessert game!
San Diego’s Kula Ice Cream Expands to Grocery Stores Across California
The San Diego-based vegan ice cream brand is now available in grocery stores in Loma Linda, Chino, and Rancho Mirage, with more expansion plans in the future.
22 Black-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Right Now
From pancakes and granola to chips and cheese sauce, there are so many great products to try from these businesses.
IHOP Adds Vegan Breakfast Sandwich to Menu in NYC
The new fast-casual branch of IHOP has added a fully vegan breakfast sandwich to the menu at its New York location.
New Women-Owned Allergy-Friendly Online Grocer Basquet to Launch This Spring
Basquet specializes in offering a selection of sustainable products to those avoiding the top allergens, including a variety of products suitable for vegans.
10 Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in Atlanta
Come along as we explore all of the tasty Black-owned vegan and vegan-friendly spots Atlanta has to offer!
Michigan’s First Vegan Wine Club Launches in Metro Detroit
Vegan deli and catering company Chive Kitchen adds wine club to its list of offerings.
Chef Tomi Makanjuola Releases New Cookbook Vegan Nigerian Kitchen
The cookbook features 100 vegan recipes from various Nigerian tribes and regions.
5:55 Burgers & Fries Is Serving up Affordable Vegan Food in Los Angeles
Everything on the menu at 5:55 is under $11.11!
Meat Alternative Company Meati Launches for Pre-Order, Sells Out in 24 Hours
There’s a new vegan meat in town and customers are stocking up!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!