Vegan Fluffy Stuffing Bites Recipe
These stuffing bites are the perfect holiday party appetizer!
Servings: Makes approximately 16 stuffing bites
- 2 leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and washed well
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp The Vurger Co. Original Mayo
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- The Vurger Co. Garlic & Herb Mayo, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Finely slice leeks. Place a pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add leeks to the pan and cook until softened, stirring often.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the applesauce and Original Mayo, and whisk for one minute until well combined. Once leeks are cooked add them to the sauce in the mixing bowl.
4. Add breadcrumbs, chickpea flour, garlic powder, dried sage, dried parsley, salt, and pepper into the bowl, and stir for one minute until smooth.
5. Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the fridge. The mixture should now be firm. Scoop by tablespoonful and roll into a ball, using your hands. Repeat until all mixture is used.
7. Place onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Serve with Garlic & Herb Mayo, as desired, and garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe is brought to you by The Vurger Co., a vegan fast-food restaurant based in the UK that recently launched their line of sauces for nationwide US shipping.
More from VegOut
Alpha Foods Just Launched a YouTube Series Co-Hosted by Drag Icon Monét X Change
Tune in every week for a new episode of The Plant-Based Way with Monét.
NadaMoo! Scoop Shop in Austin, Texas to Close This Week
The vegan ice cream shop will be indefinitely closing its brick-and-mortar location on February 27.
This Self-Taught Los Angeles Baker Makes Lizzo-Approved Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Baked by Yoga is killing the vegan dessert game!
San Diego’s Kula Ice Cream Expands to Grocery Stores Across California
The San Diego-based vegan ice cream brand is now available in grocery stores in Loma Linda, Chino, and Rancho Mirage, with more expansion plans in the future.
22 Black-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Right Now
From pancakes and granola to chips and cheese sauce, there are so many great products to try from these businesses.
IHOP Adds Vegan Breakfast Sandwich to Menu in NYC
The new fast-casual branch of IHOP has added a fully vegan breakfast sandwich to the menu at its New York location.
New Women-Owned Allergy-Friendly Online Grocer Basquet to Launch This Spring
Basquet specializes in offering a selection of sustainable products to those avoiding the top allergens, including a variety of products suitable for vegans.
10 Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in Atlanta
Come along as we explore all of the tasty Black-owned vegan and vegan-friendly spots Atlanta has to offer!
Michigan’s First Vegan Wine Club Launches in Metro Detroit
Vegan deli and catering company Chive Kitchen adds wine club to its list of offerings.
Chef Tomi Makanjuola Releases New Cookbook Vegan Nigerian Kitchen
The cookbook features 100 vegan recipes from various Nigerian tribes and regions.
5:55 Burgers & Fries Is Serving up Affordable Vegan Food in Los Angeles
Everything on the menu at 5:55 is under $11.11!
Meat Alternative Company Meati Launches for Pre-Order, Sells Out in 24 Hours
There’s a new vegan meat in town and customers are stocking up!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!