Cheesy Vegan Beef-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These cheesy vegan beef-stuffed peppers are bringing major comfort food vibes. Overflowing with Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles and melty plant-based cheese, what’s not to love?
- ¼-½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided into two
- 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pack Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°.
Adobo cheese sauce:
- Add milk to a saucepan, and heat on low-medium until warm.
- Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and whisk until melted.
- If additional milk is needed, add in 1 Tbsp increments.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp of canned adobo sauce (peppers removed).
Stuffed pepper filling:
- Heat a skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, and brown Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles to desired texture.
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno with additional vegetable oil until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add rice, sauteed onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture, Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, spices, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Stir in the adobo cheese sauce, and mix well.
Assembly and cooking instructions:
- Stuff peppers with the filling mixture, layering with additional vegan cheese (optional).
- Assemble stuffed peppers in a lightly oiled casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers begin to soften.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is brought to you by Hodo Foods, a plant-based food brand that offers a variety of products in addition to Hodo Adobo Mexican Crumbles, including organic tofu, soy milk, pre-seasoned cubes, and more. To learn more and find a store near you that carries Hodo Foods products, visit HodoFoods.com.
Photo credit: Brittney Chung
More from VegOut
Alpha Foods Just Launched a YouTube Series Co-Hosted by Drag Icon Monét X Change
Tune in every week for a new episode of The Plant-Based Way with Monét.
NadaMoo! Scoop Shop in Austin, Texas to Close This Week
The vegan ice cream shop will be indefinitely closing its brick-and-mortar location on February 27.
This Self-Taught Los Angeles Baker Makes Lizzo-Approved Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Baked by Yoga is killing the vegan dessert game!
San Diego’s Kula Ice Cream Expands to Grocery Stores Across California
The San Diego-based vegan ice cream brand is now available in grocery stores in Loma Linda, Chino, and Rancho Mirage, with more expansion plans in the future.
22 Black-Owned Vegan Food Brands to Support Right Now
From pancakes and granola to chips and cheese sauce, there are so many great products to try from these businesses.
IHOP Adds Vegan Breakfast Sandwich to Menu in NYC
The new fast-casual branch of IHOP has added a fully vegan breakfast sandwich to the menu at its New York location.
New Women-Owned Allergy-Friendly Online Grocer Basquet to Launch This Spring
Basquet specializes in offering a selection of sustainable products to those avoiding the top allergens, including a variety of products suitable for vegans.
10 Black-Owned Vegan Restaurants to Support in Atlanta
Come along as we explore all of the tasty Black-owned vegan and vegan-friendly spots Atlanta has to offer!
Michigan’s First Vegan Wine Club Launches in Metro Detroit
Vegan deli and catering company Chive Kitchen adds wine club to its list of offerings.
Chef Tomi Makanjuola Releases New Cookbook Vegan Nigerian Kitchen
The cookbook features 100 vegan recipes from various Nigerian tribes and regions.
5:55 Burgers & Fries Is Serving up Affordable Vegan Food in Los Angeles
Everything on the menu at 5:55 is under $11.11!
Meat Alternative Company Meati Launches for Pre-Order, Sells Out in 24 Hours
There’s a new vegan meat in town and customers are stocking up!
Subscribe NowOrder the magazine!